6th Day of Chalica 2014

 Happy Chalica!  Today is the 6th day of our seven day celebration. To build a fair and peaceful world. I am sure that to some of us this does not always seem possible.  How can one person obtain this goal? Reality - they can't BUT they and you and I can strive for it. We can try to live a fair and peaceful life. We can be nice to others. Even when times are tough we can try to lighten the burden of others by putting our own troubles in a box for a while.  I recently read an article about whether to use the words, Happy/ Merry/ Joyous Holidays, Christmas, Chanukah, etc. The article made sense that there are a lot of people struggling. I understand this having lost a young nephew one year in October and my mom died just before Christmas in 1999. And maybe they can't be happy, joyous or merry right now but isn't it our responsibility to try to bring a little light into their lives.  So for right now I will stay with Happy Chalica, Merry Christmas and Joyous New Year hoping not to offend but to bring a little light to all. And for those of you that think I am too happy or smile too much, I am sorry you feel that way but I am not going to change for you. I have seen sorrow and when I see light I want to let it out for the rest of the world.
Happy Chalica!
When I think of this Principle I of course think of Gandhi and of Nelson Mandela. Two people that did get some fairness for their worlds. 
Today we will be taping, covering floors and painting our new house! We are very lucky.

Saturday: We light our chalice for the goal of world peace, liberty and justice for all. Give gift(s) to honor our global community
Examples:
- volunteer with an organization that has global influence
- write a letter for amnesty international
- help your social justice committee hold a fundraiser
- donate to a cause such as UNICEF, Doctors without Borders, etc.
Happy Chalica! 

Blessed be,

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment